Loading...

Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal W/ Hazelnuts & Flax

Who says oatmeal is just for breakfast!  High fiber, high protein: suggest you use this as a post-workout meal/snack. (May not sit well 1 ...

Who says oatmeal is just for breakfast! 
High fiber, high protein: suggest you use this as a post-workout meal/snack.
(May not sit well 1 hour pre-workout!)


Ingredients:
  • 1/2 Cup Whole Grain Oats
  • 1/3 Cup Water
  • 1 Tbsp Flax Seed (Ground)
  • 1 Medium Banana
  • 1 Large Tbsp Natural Peanut Butter
  • 1 Tsp Hazelnuts
I took this recipe in a slightly different direction...First of all, I'm obsessed with almond butter - I prefer it over peanut, therefore I used natural almond butter instead of the natural peanut butter. I included 1/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk to prevent my oatmeal from becoming too thick and goopy. Before I added the bananas I tossed them in 1/2 tsp cinnamon (Cinnamon has been thought to speed up your metabolism) and tossed in a packet of Truvia to give it a cinnamon/sugar kick. Lastly, I opted to skip on the hazelnuts and flax seed to keep this recipe under 400 calories.
It tasted like a cinnamon almond butter and banana sandwich, without the bread - amazing!

Breakfast 2162160264908742003

Post a Comment

emo-but-icon

Home item

Popular Posts

Random Posts